Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Budget Graphic Design 1965

Budget Graphic Design 1965
graphic design positions
Image by Alki1
I had more to work with on this project but I still used calligraphy and my husband's san-serif for headings. An inexpensive two-color brochure from a series that won an award for college publications that year from American College Public Relations Association or ACPRA. I don't think ACPRA exists anymore but Whitworth was more than happy with winning their first-ever college publications award.

I ordered the type from a printer in Spokane, (not too much choice to work with), got the type repros shipped back from them on the Greyhound bus. Then I created a mechanical with type and stats of headings that I pasted in position, with rubylith windows for the photos to be dropped in by the printer after they had been screened, specified the PMS color, then shipped the mechanical back to Whitworth college on the Greyhound bus. Then all I could do was hope that it would turn out as I had planned.


Giro Bike Helmet Box Designs
graphic design positions
Image by Judi Oyama
Worked with Kimi Normura on the original redesign of the box. Limited edition bike box top row, Snow youth combo box second row and limited side view bottom row. I designed the custom one piece box with helmet positioning and cut out windows. I was the art director at Giro for almost 8 years some fun projects during the LA years.


Pursue the Passion Visits Thornton High School
graphic design positions
Image by pursuethepassion
Pursue the Passion visited Thornton High School in Denver, Colorado to give a keynote speech and conduct a live interview with Tommy Thwaites of Coda Coffee. This is the flyer promoting it. Jobs for Graphic Design positions are open...send your resume!


Kloud: Relation based positioning
graphic design positions
Image by Tiemen Rapati
These triangles represent entries that have been given tags. Their position and grouping is purely based on tag matches.

www.tiemenrapati.com/blog/?p=249


Kloud, with tags showing
graphic design positions
Image by Tiemen Rapati

No comments:

Post a Comment