Monday, February 18, 2013

Cool Graphic Design Basics images

Hitchcock
graphic design basics
Image by Nathan Wells
Done as an in-class project for my Digital Applications Basics class. At the beginning of each class, we are either given a quote or select a quote and do something with that quote in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.

For this one, I was inspired by (of course) Alfred Hitchcock Presents. The knife is (of course, as well) a nod to Psycho. Hitchcock and knife drawn in Illustrator, rest done in Photoshop.


graphic design basics
graphic design basics
Image by Laurie Pink


Paul Rand on Design
graphic design basics
Image by Nathan Wells
Done as an in-class project for my Digital Applications Basics class. At the beginning of each class, we are either given a quote or select a quote and do something with that quote in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.

This design wen through about 20 versions before I settled on this. I was inspired by the Swiss Design of the 1950s, as well as Soviet Propaganda posters.


Origami Basics
graphic design basics
Image by origamiBR
That's my first contact with vector design. I've never tried it before but it was easy. Done using Inkscape.

That's for my next blog post at origami-brasil.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment