Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nice Online Graphic Design Class photos

Design led greetings cards and prints
online graphic design class
Image by Andy Kinsey
I started my small business in 2010 after graduating from Manchester Metropolitan University with a first class honours degree in graphic design & illustration. My product range mainly consists of design led greetings cards and prints, which I design and illustrate myself, and eco friendly canvas and jute bags which I print by hand from home. My items are all produced with concern for the environment, and I use the most environmentally friendly and responsibly sourced materials available. I love to travel and this is where I find most of my inspiration. Much of my work has been influenced by folk art from Scandinavia and Eastern Europe.

I sell my products online from Not on the High Street you can find the link to my online shop from my website. If you would like to buy any of my products and you live locally I can offer you 20% off the prices in my online shop, and no delivery charge, (if you can pick up your order from New Street!) For further details of this offer please email me via my website,
Snowdown Design and Craft, or phone 01457 763112.

www.snowdondesignandcraft.com/Hello.html


panther_plaq
online graphic design class
Image by labanex
When I was younger, I used to run an online RPG (role playing game) using the Star Trek world. The ship was called U.S.S. Panther. It was a top-secret ship working for Star Fleet intelligence. This is the plague that represented the ship.



ME! for Art 225.
online graphic design class
Image by droob
Question and Answer response for Kate & Drew's 225 Systems and Branding Class. Please upload a picture or illustration of yourself and respond to the following questions.

Your name is? Drew Bell

Where are you from? SAINT LOOOUUUUIIIIIISSSS like Nelly, T.S. Eliot, and gooey butter cake. I spent a few years in New York ten years ago, and I've been in Portland for three and a half years.

What is your major, and what inspired you to choose it? I was a theater major for a minute. That was my jam in high school, and there are probably still photos of me in costume floating around Google from St. Louis in the late 90s (yep, just checked). I then moved over to fine art and spent my time with charcoal and sandpaper and goache and Shiva Paintstiks and turpenoid.

How do you spend your time outside of school? My fiancée Ashley and I have been collaborating on illustration for five years. We sell digital prints of our work, mostly on Etsy, and license work here and there. We bought a house last year, so I spend a lot of time enabling Ashley's need to fill it with good furniture.

What are you interested in besides (or in relation to) graphic design? I live baseball in the summer. I have pals in the comics industry, and I fight the urge to hoard good sequential art. I keep up with Mac nerd stuff, even though I can't afford the toys. I try to read three books a week, mostly on my Kindle. Even though I know it is the worst thing on the planet I can't pul myself away from an episode of COPS (I love watching people lie!).

Is there a certain kind of design work that you’d like to make? Fewer pixels, more layered materials.

Favorite books? The Journal of Albion Moonlight, City of Glass, Breakfast of Champions.

Favorite designers or artists? Alex Toth, Tom Friedman, Robert Irwin. Lots.

Favorite movies? Days of Heaven, The Limey, Rushmore, Dead Man

How do you get to school everyday? I drive. To stay spic-and-span for you all. And to save 90 minutes of work time at home.

Do you have any cool/weird/unexpected skills? I can do this weird clappy thing with my hands. I used to do voiceover work on the side, and was thiiiiis close to be Dexter, MO's morning DJ.

What is the most exciting place you’ve traveled to? When we made the move, we drove up here from St. Louis in a 23-foot Penske with my car on a tow dolly behind it. That was exciting, and not always in a good way.

Where can we find you online?
twitter: @droob
instagram: @droob
etsy: ashleyg.etsy.com

Anything else? KATE MAY GET ME INTO SOME KIND OF EXCITEMENT ARMS RACE YOU GUYSSSSSSSS

No comments:

Post a Comment