Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nice Graphic Design Job Description photos

I am a graphic designer.
graphic design job description
Image by Jen Marquez
We the folks in Marketing at PowerShares have a presentation tomorrow, so my assignment today was to take pictures of everyone in Marketing and make slides for each person with their title and description. This one is mine. (Photo taken by Mary Lee.)


Evolving Office Wall
graphic design job description
Image by juhansonin
The wall changes every other week or so...time to start documenting the changes.


Wild Typography
graphic design job description
Image by MidairCreative
This letter is a denizen of the public forest befriended by anti-authoritarian artist George Sawchuk. Dozens of Sawchuk's quietly seditious sculptures are cunningly installed- displayed and hidden- throughout the woods: inside trees, suspended in the air, emerging from pools, on natural and semi-natural plinths. It's a world-class sculpture exhibition that's open until its sylvan caretaker decides otherwise. Visit it in Fanny Bay Conservation Area on Vancouver Island.

We like Sawchuk's take on job descriptions:

"A man who works with his hands is a labourer. A man who works with his hands and heart is a craftsman. A man who works with his hands, heart and mind is an artist."
- from his obituary in The Globe and Mail

If you find this image useful, we'd love to see what you do with it. Thanks!

Photo credit: Dan Lepsoe (midair.ca).


Out with a bang! Project 365 Day 365
graphic design job description
Image by Keith Williamson
View On Black
Summing up my first Project 365, I could use that awful phrase, “this has been an incredible journey” but I won’t. What is has been is a thoroughly enjoyable experience that has encouraged me to use my cameras a lot more which is a good thing. It was one of the reasons I decided to upgrade to a full frame DSLR and a better compact both of which have inspired me to greater efforts.

I realised early on that you can’t rely upon finding something exciting to capture each day so you are forced to make a half decent job producing a picture of the mundane. Making everyday objects as interesting as possible was a challenge that helped me to focus you on what I believe photography is really all about – showing the viewer your world and the objects in it.

At times, I have tried to be artistic and thought that maybe those photographs would grab the most attention but no, it seems to have been the least inspired photographs that succeeded.

The leading contender was the picture of the inside of my computer which has attracted the attention of 186 people. Not even close was the picture of my dentist, Tor with his dental nurse with 78 views followed by the photograph of my flippers, mask and snorkel. Damn it, the photograph of the print out of my ECG attracted 46 visits – how bizarre.

As to whether my photographs have been used elsewhere, I couldn’t say. I did receive a request to use one photograph for an article about fiestas in Spain, other than that I don’t know. It is hard to imagine what use anyone could have for a photograph of a pair of old sandals but then there are some strange people on the Internet.

There is no doubt that I would not have gotten anywhere without help. First off, it was Pete who encouraged me to start my Project 365. His photographs have proved an inspiration for my own efforts on so many occasions and his very kind comments have driven me to better efforts. Over the years that I have known him, I have learnt an awful lot from Pete about a great many things; photography, IT, graphic design and life just to mention a few. I can best describe Pete as the epitome of a scholar and a gentleman – a great bloke to call a friend.

I’d also like to pay tribute to my wife Pam who has tolerated the many hours that I have spent processing and uploading my photographs not to mention composing my descriptions. She has, on many occasions, made excellent suggestions for pictures that I would never have thought of which is quite remarkable when you consider that she doesn’t know an aperture from a histogram. Pam doesn’t’ beat about the bush though, if she thinks a picture is awful, she will says so which is far better than her being sycophantic. Constructive criticism is in many ways more useful than unqualified praise.

Now the question is, “will I be starting another Project 365 tomorrow?” and the answer is an emphatic “YES”. After all what else am I going to do with all this expensive equipment? I hope you stick with me.

Es una tradición para enviar una fotografía de una taza de té en su álbum de Flickr, ¡Éste es el mío completo con el fuego artificial para la celebración

No comments:

Post a Comment