Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Banality Of Light

The Banality Of Light
best online graphic design schools
Image by andrew.stichbury.
More in comments.

--------------

The first photo in a long time that is fresh off the camera, (the past photos have all been edits of older photos), nothing amazing, just a bit fun with slow shutter.

Last weekend my parents had a few families around (you know the casual barbecue on Summer Saturday, only it isn't summer, at least the weather would suggest otherwise). Well after dinner, we (the ones who don't drink wine and discuss the neighbors new renovations) set out to go have a game of spotlight (we live out in the rural area, lots of open area), of course I had the intentions to turn it into a photo shoot, the good photos going on Flickr (not many) and the rest on Facebook.

We got out to the road (which only sees the residents cars down it, which is in total about 5, all of which were at ours, so it was safe) torches in hand and me with my camera, things weren't going so well, the flash not only gave away everyones whereabouts but momentarily blinded them (my defense being that those work hand in hand: you're seen, then the torch holder is blinded, it wasn't so well received). On top of that, one of the guest's family was hitting the road (by now it was 11pm) so her and my sister as well as Angus walked back home.

Ten minutes later no word of their return, but a text was soon to follow, saying that we are watching the soccer. So the remaining three (me included) decided to take the opportunity and shoot a few photos, we started with a torch, creating a bit of light graffiti, but nothing exciting was being the result of this.

The younger of us three, Willie who is a rebel in comparison to the rest of us, suggested we see what we could construct with fireworks, of course not the big ones, as that would be dangerous, and we are mature grown ups who don't play with dangerous things that could harm us, and if we did of course we are old enough to handle them ;). I went along with it and suggested what they could do to make a more interesting photo, the results (the above and below) were less disappointing than some earlier attempts and slow exposure/light streaks etc.

----------------

I don't really know how to feel at the moment, I just finished school (and got two awards at prize giving, one I knew I was going to get, the second was a complete surprise, "School Service"), I am also a bit saddened by the fact I made no attempt to hand in a photography board (which makes up for 2/3s of my photography course) but I was so busy putting as much effort into my design board as I could. I am a little nervous as to what I am to do next, I am enrolled at a "university" if you call it that, here, to do graphic design, which is my passion (not much of what I have done is online but Celebrate With Cake and The Earth Charity, are some examples, not being my best, but are just some things I have designed in my free time). Anyway, I hope to start taking a whole lot of photos again real soon, and uploading here, now that I will have a lot more free time on my hands.

It looks pretty sweet on black too.

Follow me on Tumblr?

See you real soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment